If you prefer to take the traditional route, you might need to go and attend tech events, search online software development hiring platforms or even ask your professional circle for a reference. It will take a bit more time and effort if you don’t have a recruiter at hand to do your job for you, but all in all, this is the better path to take.
The price of hiring services is one of the key issues; in the US, the average hiring charge ranges from 10% to 40% of the developer’s income. The additional cost, which amounts to around 15% of a developer’s salary, isn’t much lower even in Ukraine, a popular offshore location. Additionally, hiring expenses for a development team might seriously deplete a company’s financial resources.
Furthermore, as was previously stated, the lack of software development talent in the US and UK makes it harder for recruiters to fill specific positions. Thankfully, remote developers may assist in meeting demand.
Alternatives to traditional hiring firms: where to find a group of developers
1. Request a reference from your professional network
2. Visit tech conferences to find competent engineers
- PyCon attracts the top Python developers.
- Frameworks Days hosts events for PHP developers and web developers, whereas
- Java Day draws top Java engineers.
At these gatherings, networking may lead to the creation of strategic alliances with driven developers.
3. If you’re open to employing remote individuals, check out online software development recruiting sites like YouTeam, TopTal, Upwork and Prodigies
These sites allow you to look for a single software developer or a group of professionals.
- The most popular source for finding freelance developers right now is Upwork.
- TopTal markets itself as an exclusive network of the best independent software developers, who are only accepted to the platform following the rigorous screening.
- Prodigies is a global platform that enables you to hire remote tech professionals from anywhere in the world. The good thing about this platform is that you rarely need to interview candidates. Most of the vetting process is already done and ready so that once you contact them about a recruitment need, they are quick to provide a short list of suitable candidates.
With Prodigies, not only is the hiring process quick and easy but also the following steps are quite smooth. The client generally does not need to worry about paperworks much as they are taken care of by the Prodigies team. Moreover, the remote employees are provided with office facilities in their living area in order to ensure quality and convenience of work and communication.
Alternative areas to find the top developers
• A Platform for open-source coding
Recruiters should focus on a candidate’s projects and look at their public activity on GitHub while reviewing profiles. Employers may send a message to a shortlist of applicants to learn more about them and see whether they are a good fit for their project.
Sites like Hackathon.io, a platform that presently sponsors over 6,659 hackathons, list these events. Filtering for particular areas, such as fintech, health, IoT, mobile, science, and travel might help you focus your search.
• Technology related websites
Visiting universities to pitch a proposal is another strategy for attracting students. Employers can give students an email address and ask them to bring in code samples or schedule interviews after giving them the address.
Tips to develop the best team of developers
• Define the technological stack in step one
To ensure that the development team provides a highly functioning product, businesses should also decide to engage QA professionals to conduct tests and find flaws.
For instance, Python is thought to be the finest technology, if the product has anything to do with AI. However, PHP can be a better choice if the project involves creating an online store. React Native is the go-to technology for mobile apps that run on many platforms.
If a business has a project concept but lacks the technical know-how, hiring a technical co-founder or CTO will help to acknowledge the technology more diligently.
• Market research
For your convenience, each firm profile includes several areas, including Summary, Focus, Portfolio, Reviews, and Verification. Visitors may read customer evaluations, study case studies, learn about the organization’s sectors, and determine the degree of company verification—bronze, silver, or gold—by perusing those pages. Other websites to look for company profiles include CrunchBase, IT-Suppliers, and the LinkedIn network.
• Select the business’s location
Consider a business that is considering outsourcing its software development. They may then learn about offshore locations and select the one that best fits them. Then, you may use that area to narrow searches on websites like LinkedIn, Clutch, or others that are pertinent.
• Estimate your spending limit
The identical services are offered by developers for an average price of $32-90 in Eastern Europe and $24-65 in Asia. Employers should exercise caution when selecting the vendor with the lowest costs since it can end up costing double the amount. It’s always recommended to know the company’s track record before getting involved.
• Review the ratings
• Examine the portfolios
• Select a few businesses
So how do you pick the top development team?
Check it out here and good luck with your search!